Talia has given us quite a few pithy little remarks lately - not the least of which has been "This cereal should have sugar balls in it!"
All part of this complete breakfast.
Because she really needs more sugar - since we aren't already high-strung to begin with.
She was told to eat her Rice Krispies - and hurry, because the bus was going to be here in less than 5 minutes.
Lately, my own breakfast has consisted of an early lunch, with chocolate of any sort thrown in for good measure (because I figure I deserve it after waiting until 10 or 11 to eat in the first place).
This is neither commendable or healthy, or helping me in my quest to feel like less of a large sea mammal.
Be that as it may, there it is!
Another breakfast favorite is grabbing a medium iced vanilla coffee from McDonalds on my way to wherever it is I'm headed. Even if I'm just headed to the church, which is in the opposite direction and 3 blocks away... They're freaking delicious!
During the storms this past Saturday, the McDonalds caught on fire.
In our very tiny town, this was rather epic. It was facebooked and texted and there's even an illustrious youtube video of it out there! The rescue squad believed it would be 3 weeks before it was reopened. Lucky for us, it was less than 3 days! Happiness is.
The crestfallen expressions of the entire town, upon realizing that we would have to drive almost 30 minutes to Williamsburg for coffee (except for those brave souls who actually like 7-11 coffee... which I have nothing to say about...) were more than slightly amusing. The only other fast food joint on our little peninsula (Hardees) was probably dealing with emotions that were sandwiched somewhere between overjoyed and "oh-crap! we have sucked for years! and now we're going to be slammed!".
So that was a fun break in the routine. (Short-lived though it may have, indeed, been.)
This morning I had a banana for breakfast! A "fair trade" banana at that! (yay)
An hour later I had a cup of rocky road ice cream.
I should have had a hard boiled egg, or oatmeal, or plain yogurt with granola (gag me now).
Next time i'll just have a banana split and call it a day. Fruit, milk, nuts (hey.. it's called rocky road for a reason...) - my mother would be so proud!
;)
I do enjoy the word "pithy."
ReplyDeleteYay for ice cream for breakfast. That goes up there with the bowl of banana pudding that I had for breakfast this morning! Can I count the banana?
ReplyDelete