Why?
Mainly because I'm tired of writing about religion and politics (both on the church and government level)! This is my real life - certain things just shouldn't interfere with it! ;)
God is the absolute center of everything I am, and that will not change! I've archived enough blogs to make my head spin, and I'm tired of the intensity... So here ya go! Our real life, instead of my brain and yours being inundated with "re-hashings" of my deepest thoughts on theology - I will save that madness for my overwhelming collection of hand-written journals!...
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everything I grew up believing about being a wife and mother has been systematically shattered by the reality of living in the 21st century! This is far from a complaint - merely an observation. I grew up with my mindset geared towards a 1950's style housewife scenario - white picket fence, children in smocked clothing chasing butterflies... no one can say I am not in possession of a vivid imagination.
This, however, is reality...
While my children (all daughters) do happen to enjoy smocked dresses and chasing butterflies, there is more, much more, to my life - to our family - than a perfectly decorated colonial with meticulously manicured flowerbeds, rooms that look like they are straight out of Victoria magazine - or an Ikea showroom (though that would be my happy day) - and making the perfect meatloaf... because while I do enjoy baking and cooking - and my meatloaf doesn't suck - the reality of a 2-parent full-time working household at times meshes much better with the horrifying likes of a McDonalds drive-thru past 7 PM, and paper plates if we're lucky, than with a nicely laid place setting and veal parmesan!
So this is our life! Enjoy (I hope), and remember to breath!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment