Saturday, April 30, 2011

Heirloom House

When I was in middle school, my grandfather built me a victorian dollhouse! It got quite a bit of love and use, but is still in good condition - very stable, just needs some touch-up work!

Today (cue the drums) we began that work! (spotlight please...)

We went to Lowe's and bought 4 paint samples (they're only $3 each), and a few self-stick floor tiles (that look like wood), and to Williamsburg Pottery, where they had a few dollhouse furniture sets left, for 50% off! We're fixing it up!

The girls chose colors like light pink, light blue, lavender... I added a more neutral color just for kicks! ;) "Can we all help paint?" "Can we use our little ponies in this house?" "Is it all of ours?" "Do we have to share?" "Can it go in our room?" (yes, no, yes, yes, no) :D

They were slightly excited. More than slightly! :D

So we're going to clean it up really good tonight and paint it tomorrow afternoon (hopefully). The outside is fine - we just need to put some sort of shingles on the roof. Maybe we'll just paint it... but I'd definitely rather put shingles.

But maybe we'll just paint it. LOL

Pictures will follow!

For now I'm off to put away the rest of the groceries and finish making dinner! Productive day? Not so much. Fun day? It was relaxing - even with braving walmart. The next 4 days will be crazzzzzzzy busy! Then it's off to Campobello for a week!!!! (HALLELUJAH!) :)

5 comments:

  1. hi Robyn, of course i remember you! and your wonderful voice! how wonderful that you are in worship ministry! Where do you go to church?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently working at the FBC of West Point (VA, near Williamsburg - not military West Point ;D). It's a great area! I went to a service at Grace a few months ago when I was visiting my family, and it was wonderful - love the new building too!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, that's awesome. Grampa would be so happy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see the doll house! I bet it looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally forgot a had a blog until last week! Life has been crazy! I'll try to post a few pics of it! ;)

    ReplyDelete